Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool 10: Exploring Mobile Technology and Apps

I do not have and ipod, itouch, or iphone. In fact people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them I don't even have an ipod. My 13 year old son got an itouch for Christmas and all my experience (as frustrating as some of it has been) has been through him and his device. I will say that it has an amazing amount of features, most of which he doesn't even use. This is what has made me leery of moving to the iphone (although numerous people tell me I would LOVE it). We will be getting itouches to use in our classrooms with our pk students and I am excites about it. I was able to borrow his itouch and experiment with different apps. Some apps that we will be able to use Will be include iCanWrite, memory cards and comic touch. With our young students it may be at times be challenging to find apps, but giving them opportunities to learn how to interact with the devices themselves will benefit them as they advance through school and are able to use them in a variety of ways.

Personally, I will probably be upgrading to an iphone after the first of the year and look forward to downloading the 80's hair band song game app :)

No comments:

Post a Comment