Sunday, August 8, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

WOW! I can't believe I am done. Ween I began this process I was overwhelmed and didn't think that I would be able to apply many of these things on a PK campus. Boy was I wrong! I learned so many new things. Many of these things I had heard of but I either hadn't actually used them or fully understood them. Even though our students may not use these tools I certainly will and will assist teachers in using them as well. Some of my favorites for my role as the SIS were Google reader, Google docs, wikis and since getting a new computer...social bookmarking and tagging. Additionally, I plan on utilizing video resources more for the staff development I do with teachers. The most unexpected outcome for me was the digital storytelling. I hear that was the hardest tool ad that lots of people struggled with it. That is the one I think I enjoyed the most. Although I became frustrated when I could not get it to upload I turned to my techy fiends and they were able to help me. I think this was a very valuable staff development.

1 comment: